- Govt notifies 8% Interest rate for Q3 on non-Govt. PF, Superannuation Fund and Gratuity Fund
- No. 5(4)-B(PD)/2016.— It is hereby notified that the deposits made under the Special Deposit Scheme for Non Government Provident, Superannuation and Gratuity Funds, announced in the Ministry of Finance (Department of Economic Affairs) Notification No.F.16(1)-PD/75 dated 30th June, 1975, shall with effect from 1st October, 2016 to 31st December, 2016, bear interest at 8.0% (eight per cent). This rate will be in force w.e.f. 1st October, 2016.
- TDS Statement- Due Date Revised w.e.f 1st June, 2016
- New Bonus Act passed. Now employees having Base salary less than 21000 will be eligible for bonus ( currently it is 10000).
Also minimum bonus increased to Rs 7500 from Rs. 3500.
- MCA clarified that the last date for Annual Filing Forms is 30 Dec 2015 and no further extension would be accorded after this date.
- RBI has extended the deadline for exchanging pre-2005 currency notes of various denominations, including Rs 500/-and Rs 1,000/-, by another six months to June 30, 2016.
- From 1st Jan, 2016 LPG subsidy will not be available to Consumers with Taxable Income of 10 lakhs or more in FY 2015-16.
- Cheque bounce cases are to be filed at the Place of Presentation of Cheque and not the place of issue (as per Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill.